Friday, September 3, 2010

28 Weeks


Today: 28 weeks, 2 days
Feeling: Swollen and tired. Finished the first work week back at school, and let me tell you, being pregnant at 21 was soooooooo much easier than 31! I get tired very fast, I get out of breath just walking to the copier, and my ankle bones are nonexistent under the foot swelling. I am going shoe shopping tomorrow to get something as legally close to a flip flop as I can get away with at work :)
Next dr visit: Well, my visit on Wed. revealed gestational diabetes (hold your gasps, I knew it was coming) so with a score of 172 (140 is the limit) I am off to "Diabetes Education Refresher class" on Sept. 15th. That also happens to be my next dr visit now that I am going every other week. At this point, I should be able to control my sugar levels with diet, and I've already started to follow the "rules" by counting carbs even though I haven't gone to class yet.
What's Coming Up? My baby shower on Sept. 25th! Very excited to get new baby stuff. I have held off on shopping, even though everything they make for little girls is so freaking adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment