Monday, September 20, 2010

The Art of Faking It (Arthritis, that is)

This is what I walk into this afternoon....a dog in a coma on the couch. One might ask if I am concerned for the condition of my couch. Ummm...no. Have you seen what the cats did to the sides?! I feel entitled to point out to lazy dog #1 and everyone else that this dog has required several trips to vet and expensive pain meds that taste like beef (expensive = $3.20....per PILL) to manage her whimpering. The doc says she has arthritis in her back and it makes her pant because she's in pain. Well, a dog in pain does NOT sprint onto a high couch the minute her owner pulls out of the driveway! The proof is in the pics... Caught in the act...thank God I wasn't a burglar. Sable would so be fired right now.
Her sleepy eyes barely register that someone has entered the house.
This was the pause after her hasty exit. She made it down from the couch, then had to pause for a breather. Notice her avoidance of all eye contact...guilty!
This is the face of a dog who finally recognizes her owner and only then decides to bark! She tried begging for a Milk Bone with a look like "See? I knew there were humans in the house! I need a treat because I'm so hungry from lounging all day"

1 comment: