Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Glucose Testing 9.1.10

I didn't have to be at school til 12:30 PM today because of Open House, but sleeping in was not going to happen. I had a doctor's appt. at 9:20 AM in the 'burg, and this appt. included my one hour glucose tolerance test. I got there at 9, and boy, everyone with a uterus in VA was at this office! Standing room only! I got in about 2 minutes late, had the reg. appt with doctor (heartbeat: 140 a minute, fundal measurement 28 cm, up 4 lbs. in 4 wks--right on target), and then drank the nasty stuff. I sat in the little waiting room for an hour, then had the blood taken by the coolest lab lady ever (she is very sassy and accused me of "hiding my veins"..."Where your veins girl? Jessica, you best be finding them nasty veins!" I giggled my butt off :) I get results by tomorrow or Friday, but either way, I'm going to pretty much guarantee a high score on this test. My doctor has suggested that in the event I don't pass, I bypass the 3-hour test because in her words "that will pretty much be a big waste of your time". Agreed, Dr. E. She did suggest I take the diabetes info class just as a refresher and I told her that I thought it was a good idea. So more on that subject in a couple of days, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment