Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of School!


Yea! First day of school is officially over! :) The kids were soooo excited about their first days because they already love their teachers. Garrett gets to see Mrs. Miller on a daily basis and Caroline got to pick out a new outfit with matching headband...score! I dressed nicely and in comfortable shoes, but that didn't stop my feet from swelling and aching (I blame the concrete floors in my classroom). The first day is always tough for me, mainly because it takes all my energy to talk all day and the students go home refreshed because all they had to do was sit in a chair for an hour. The rest of the week definitely gets better!
I got home with the kids by 4 PM and promptly passed out on the couch. Stouffer's made a fantastic lasagna for dinner and Tim helped the kids make a birdhouse in the basement workshop while I rested after eating. The kids were in bed very early and Tim and I barely made it past 8:30 PM before passing out. I believe I was asleep before my head even hit the pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment