Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Shot in the Dark

Any guesses on who got put on insulin today? Hmmm? Anyone? Good guess...it was me! Only 10 cc at bedtime, but still, when you're talking about a needle in your stomach, one time a day is one time too many. After getting the great news, I headed off to "Land of Idiots", otherwise known as Walmart, to get my prescriptions of syringes and insulin filled. Big mistake. Today was my ONE DAY of no requirements (4-H. ballet, soccer, etc) and I spent it wasting my time on employees with a 6th grade education and a required 1 day training seminar. I had to go back to the counter....wait for it....THREE times to get the stuff. On my third visit, I was told the requisite "It's just another 15 minutes" after they informed me that my insurance was not going to pay for syringes until they talked to my doctor about authorization......ummm, sorry?! Did I hear that correctly?? Well, geniuses, WHO DO YOU THINK WROTE THE PRESCRIPTION IN THE FIRST PLACE?! What did the insurance company want me to do, gouge my stomach with a pencil and pour the insulin in?! So I paid out of pocket (a whopping $13), got my crap, and vowed never to return. Let's hope that my first experience with giving myself an injection tonight goes more smoothly than my visit to Pharmacy Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment