Saturday, November 13, 2010

38 Weeks

Well, it's actually 38 1/2 weeks, but who's counting at this point? :) I am feeling large and in charge. Honestly, I am feeling huge, weepy, achy, and obnoxious. Here are my stats:
Me: 38 weeks, 3 days (less than a week to go!)
Baby: heartbeat was 126-130 bpm, very active, and jamming her feet out my right side. The US tech could actually see the bulge above my hip bone and showed me the toes on the scan.
Weight: Down a pound and a half since my appt. Monday.
Blood pressure: 120/80. Was told it was "good".
Dr. Visit: Went to perinatalogy yesterday (Friday) at 11 AM. Was actually seen at 12:10 PM, but I digress. Biophysical profile was great (8 out of 8) so doctor decided I didn't need to do the NST. They scheduled me to come back next Tuesday at 8 AM for another biophysical profile (BPP) and NST. I guess the fear of liability is going to force me to a doctor's office every day of the week.
Then I had an appt at my regular OB-GYN at 2 PM. They saw me right away, which was a nice change of pace, and stripped my membranes. I was unaware that they would be doing that! I was told to come back for this appt purely for "dilation check" reasons. Apparently, that is code for "jam your fist up my yoo-hoo and whirl it around". It really wasn't that bad, pain wise, and I've had cramping and a little bleeding since (oh, and a lot of mucus, but that might be TMI). Doctor said "Hope this helps! Might put you into labor this weekend!". The procedure "works" if your body is already favorable for labor and the procedure doesn't make a hill of beans if your body is not ready for labor. So we'll see. I'm convinced that you only go into labor if it's completely inconvenient. So Tim and I are sure it will happen Sunday night or Monday morning since he has electrician school on Monday. You are only allowed to miss TWO DAYS of school per calendar year (as opposed to middle school, where my students are absent on a weekly basis with no repercussions). That means "strict attendance policy" = "labor". Worst case scenario? Nothing happens and I go into the hospital Wed. afternoon for my scheduled induction. An end is in sight, people!
Likes this Week: My ultra sassy US tech, Roxy (who calls me "mama" and "girlfriend"); having an easy week at work; getting an induction date; knowing that Carrie is only a couple weeks away from visiting!
Dislikes this Week: the end of an era (Sable); breaking bad news to my children; my obsessive urge to nest (I practically did the splits on my freshly mopped kitchen floor); keeping up with blood sugar #s now that cravings are out of control (I cannot tell you the number of times I have looked over at Tim and said 'Want to go get a cheese burger? What about a steak? Or crab cakes?')
Side view. Notice the look of sheer exhaustion in my eyes.
Our "update" board so Timmy can act like he always knows exactly how far along I am

Off topic, but the stepping stone we made for Sable before her passing. Looking back, I know my biggest regret, by far, would have been not making this stone. We have her paw print and some black hairs stuck in concrete forever. The kids added the stones that came with the kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment