Saturday, November 20, 2010

Baby Emily is Here!

I was induced starting on Wed. night and received Pitocin at 8:30 am Thursday morning. At that point, I was already having contractions every 4 minutes and they put me on the lowest dose. I was 1-2 cm dilated, so the doctor broke my water. In another hour I was a good 3 cm dilated and working hard to make it through every contraction. At 11 am I got my epidural and was 3-4 cm within a few minutes. From there, it went pretty fast. I was 5-6cm at the next check, then 7 cm 20 minutes later. I started to feel a lot of pressure and told Timmy to call for the nurse. She checked and I was 10 cm, completely effaced, and ready to go. My doctor, who had checked me only a few minutes earlier, was in the parking lot, thinking it would take a lot longer than it did. She hauled butt back to my room, I pushed 3 times, and baby was here!
Emily Allison Drinks
November 18, 2010
2:25 pm
6 pounds, 14 oz. 19 inches long


Timmy put on her first diaper

Me and Peanut

She was so alert from the beginning
Grandmas Peggy and Cammy


Getting ready to go home

in the car

Settling in at home

Garrett and Caroline love her already!

Baby girl and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment