Monday, November 8, 2010

What Do Mickey Mouse & Emily Drinks Have in Common?

Apparently, a birthday! "Steamboat Willie" came out on November 18th, so the Disney Corp. recognizes this date as Mickey's birthday.
So what does this have to do with my doctor's visit today? Well, I was so happy to get an induction date, and when I showed up, my doctor was in a C-section. I was asked if I could see Dr. N who is new. I said "sure". Little did I know that she's very new, not well liked, and slightly cantankerous. She tried to fight me on induction! She said, "Come back next week and we will schedule it then." Ummmm....how about NO?! I pointed out that both of my other doctors had said we would induce between 38 and 39 weeks and I am 38 weeks this week. She then said she would induce me 2 days before my due date as a favor to me so I wasn't in the hospital for Thanksgiving.....are you kidding me?!?! I told her, in no uncertain terms, that I had already delivered one baby at 40 weeks, and if she considered shoulder dystocia and an almost 10-pound birth weight to be "successful", we were not on the same page, buddy. She did a quick take-back, checked my chart, mumbled "Oh, I didn't know that", and said she would check the induction schedule. Long story short....check in at 4 PM on November 17th at MWH for Cervadil to get my cervix "favorable" for labor, then Pitocin started the next morning. If I'm lucky, baby girl will be hanging out with me while I order lunch on the 18th.
Oh, and for those keeping count, this is the 3rd Scorpio in my family...in a row. My mom, me and Carrie, now Emily. Heaven help all the men who deal with us :)
STATS:
Weight: Down one pound. Total gain up to this point: 21 pounds
Blood pressure: 123/68.
Baby Heartrate: 121 bpm
Fundal Measurement: 37 weeks
Next Visits: Tuesday (tomorrow) and Friday for NST at perinatalogist, back to OB next Monday @ 2:30 PM
Likes this week: packing my hospital bag!, getting an ending date, Tim making dinner every night, the time change, nesting (my bathroom is sparkling), Garrett's final soccer game!
Dislikes this week: sick dog (more on Sable later), telling the kids that Sable is not going to get better, driving to town 3 days for dr visits, cats sneaking into my room and waking me up, swollen feet, calling out sick last Friday, grading papers

No comments:

Post a Comment