Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tickled Pink

Baby girl and I headed to the pediatrician's office on Monday and got a great report. Emily was 6 pounds, 7 oz. when we discharged from the hospital on Saturday, and by Monday she was already back up to 6 pounds, 11 oz. Her measurements were great (20 inches long, which tells me the hospital was off by a little bit or she grew 1 inch in 4 days) and she did not enjoy the "getting naked" part. Now that my milk is in full force, she is peeing and pooping with abandon, often getting both all over the changing table, her outfits, and herself. Nights are a little dicey--we are following only one schedule: "baby's schedule". So for now, I just feed her when she needs it (sometimes every hour on the hour) and hold her when she's squirmy (basically all night). We'll worry about a real routine later. :) Giant yawn
I have two choices for clothing: maternity or Timmy's tee shirts

Gowns with mittens are a godsend.

She's such a great sleeper....during the day

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not getting much sleep at night, but she is SO adorable! I miss seeing you and chatting on "the bench" every day--I'm ready to stay home too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started a blog...liked following yours so much!
    http://amaothesimplelife.blogspot.com/

    SHE IS PRECIOUS! Can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete