Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back to the Beach

I took the kids back to Virginia Beach last week to visit my mom and help her out. She broke her wrist and had to have surgery on it, and getting things done around the house has not been a priority while she heals and goes to physical therapy. I cleaned up her house while she watched the older kids in her pool. Emily was a very happy, although needy, baby during the visit. She amazed Cammy with her need for little sleep and no naps! Once I got home, I discovered a reason for Emily's crankiness--actually, three reasons. All three top teeth are coming through at the same time! Her middle two broke through at some point last night, and the one to the left of her middle teeth is showing through the gum. We were only there three days, but we got plenty of time in the pool, a visit to Skinny Dips (frozen yogurt), a trip to Barnes and Nobles (where we discovered that Sweet Valley Twins books are out of print!), the Norfolk Zoo, the French Deli for orange donuts, and dinner at Bubba's Seafood. They definitely act like monkeys and sometimes they smell like monkeys!

The tiger is a "big deal" around Norfolk--they spent over $100 million on a new enclosure for him and his sister.

The monkey let me know how he really felt about me taking this picture...















At Mount Trashmore park...


No comments:

Post a Comment