Saturday, July 2, 2011

Independence Day

Tim has been working like a ninja on crab pots this weekend, so I decided to take the baby over to his parent's house for a little visit (and possibly a chance for me to visit the bathroom without my "attendant" with me). I timed my drive over in the morning so that Emily would be in the perfect mood to take her 9 AM catnap: She put her hands up beside her head, the same way she sleeps at night! It looks like she's tired of listening to my music...."Turn it down, Mom, I'm soooo tired of hearing Zac Brown band again..."
Emily got to spend some time with her cousin, Brooklyn! Brooklyn is almost 6 months old and the girls really interacted with each other (code for: stole toys from each other and screeched)

Peggy, who never throws away a thing for fear it might be needed in the next thirty years, got out Timmy's old walker! This thing should be on Antique Road show! I think we could get some moola for it! Notice the distinct lack of safety features...

Peggy got the girls matching dresses, so Mary and I set up a photo shoot in the living room...

"Talk to the hand, sista!"

"Your green apple shampoo smells fantastic. Does it taste like a Jolly Rancher? Let me check..."



Grandpa Joe is only a fan of quiet, smiling babies. Emily made the cut!


1 comment:

  1. I love that look Emily has in the walker. It's like, "Better capture this image for posterity AND the lawsuit against Grandma and Grandpa's home owner's insurance company when I fall down some stairs!" Those matching dresses are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete