Sunday, July 10, 2011

Soaking up the Sun

I went to a fellow teachers' house (Mike and Jen) for their daughter's first birthday party about a week ago. Mike and Jen had just gotten a new 20 foot metal-frame pool, and their old pool (18 foot inflatable) was in great condition and hiding under their back porch. Mike offered it to me free of charge and Timmy and I jumped on that offer! It took a lot more work to level out the yard than we first thought (lots of digging and a truck load of sand that I didn't plan on) but in the end, the pool looks great, and according to the kids, feels terrific in this hot weather! Just starting to fill the pool. My water bill is going to be scary next month.
Few hours later, we were making some progress. Long way to go to 4 feet deep!

Success! Filled to the brim and ready to go with floats and noodles.

When the kids got home from Chris's house, they were dropped off in the front yard and didn't even see the pool. Timmy told Caroline to go "check out the backyard". Being the funny girl she is, Caroline came back in and said "Oh, you got out the s'more maker for us". This is funny for two reasons: (1) she obviously saw the pool but was pretending that she didn't and (2) my children refer to a fire pit as a "s'more maker"--like it would have no other job but to create delicious gooey desserts!


Timmy pointed out that I like to create seating areas for two all over the yard. In addition to the "s'more maker" area, I also put two Adirondack chairs next to my hanging flower pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment