Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot Rod

Emily isn't a big fan of being left behind in a room while I go do "fun" activities like load the washing machine or scrub dishes. She usually throws her head around, searching for me in vain like she's been abandoned in a forest at midnight and then shrieks until I come running back into the room. So I've been carting her around the house with me, and at almost 18 pounds, she's not exactly what one would call a lightweight. My solution: putting her in the walker more often. And with all the practice she has had in the past couple of weeks, the girl is getting pretty dang good at getting where she wants to be! Here is a video clip of her charging at me:








And with this new freedom of movement comes the ability to reach things that used to be just beyond her grasp. Like outlets, which required a visit to Lowe's last week to get plastic plugs. And the broom propped in the corner, which is promptly pulled over several times a day, to the absolute delight of the cats, which go skidding down the hall like they are under attack. And my purse, as seen below:

No comments:

Post a Comment