Sunday, June 24, 2012

Emily: 19 Months Old

 I know, a few days late, but when I'm not in school, I barely know the day of the week, let alone the date!  Emily has been making leaps and bounds in the development department.  She is talking sooo much now--she knows the names and sounds of a dozen animals, says "happy!", "I love you", "momma", and "dada" at appropriate times, and sometimes just jabbers away about nothing.  She has been showing interest in the potty--she follows me in constantly, loves to be the "flusher", and lets me know when she has used her diaper.  On a whim, we bought a froggy potty at Walmart just to see what she thought of it.  The first day we had it, Emily dragged it into the living room, pried her diaper and shorts off, and sat on it for almost a half hour.  Today, after her nap, she said "oh, pee!" while grabbing her diaper and tried to get her shorts and diaper off fast.  I helped her, then she ran off for the froggy potty and brought it in.  She sat for about thirty seconds and wouldn't you know it, she actually peed in the potty!  So maybe we will have an early trainer on our hands!
STATS:  Only one I remember from the doctor's office is her weight: 25 pounds, 14 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment