Thursday, June 14, 2012

Momma Drinks: 22 Weeks

 I'm over 21 weeks, but not quite 22, so we'll go with the bigger number :)  Last of day of school today (yay!) and I'm very happy to have the summer to relax.  Not that there will be much relaxing with Emily running around, but maybe I'll get a break every once in a while since I've hired two previous students as babysitters for the summer.  The hydrangeas in my yard are probably shooting up steroids, they are so big!  One bush is about 12 feet tall!  So I thought I would share a couple pics of the lovely flowers in addition to my lovely belly.

With Emily, it wasn't extremely obvious that I was pregnant until I hit 30-32 weeks (by "obvious" I mean that strangers didn't mind asking about my pregnancy since they were sure I was not just a big fatty).  With this pregnancy, maybe it's the multiple kids or stretchy uterus, but I've been obviously showing for over a month now.  It's still a "cute" preggo belly--pretty centered in the middle of my belly region, all the weight gain (4 pounds!) just in the small volleyball area.  My feet aren't swelling that much yet and everything else still feels like it's normal sized.  
What's Next?  My next doctor visit is Tuesday (6/19) at 9 am.  We will be scheduling my glucose screening for next week too.  Then back to the perinatalogist for my growth scan on July 31st (possibly earlier and more frequently depending on how badly I fail this glucose test).  Unlike my past pregnancies, I've actually been following the diabetes diet pretty closely for the past couple of months, with the occasional slip up of bad carbs (ice cream before bed, or a piece of candy from my stash in my work desk).  So maybe I won't fail that badly this time or at all!  But with my history, I'm still going to get more biophysical profiles and scans--but who doesn't love seeing the baby on the screen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment