Saturday, June 23, 2012

F is for Failure

Had my monthly visit with Dr. E on Tuesday, and I finally wised up and asked for the first appointment of the day (since we're out of school).  I am officially up 6 pounds total and everything measured right on schedule. Baby's heartbeat was 150.  Lots of movement and little kicks.  Dr. E suggested I go ahead and take the glucose test (I was always going to have to take it early--you normally don't get take it until 28-30 weeks) since I was already there.  Her nurse called me yesterday to let me know I failed (big surprise) with a level of 160.  Not horrible, by the way!  So I'm officially checking blood sugar levels 4 times a day and writing down all food intake in a food diary.  Honestly, eating high protein/low carb makes me feel more energetic anyway and having to write it all down keeps me very accountable.  There's hope that it won't take me 6 months to get back in those pre-pregnancy jeans if I stick with my diet :)
Back to Dr. E for my next check up on July 13, and off to perinatalogy for a growth scan on July 31.  Baby boy was measuring a little big last time (almost a week over) so they want to keep an eye on size.

No comments:

Post a Comment