Tuesday, July 31, 2012

28 Week Scan

 I was scheduled for the first appointment of the day over at Perinatalogy, and wouldn't you know it, I still had to wait!  There are two doctors in the office--one was at home with a stomach bug and the other was at the hospital doing rounds.  So the nurse explained that they would still be doing my growth scan as scheduled but the doctor would call me this afternoon to "discuss the results".  Fine with me!  The tech was more than informative, telling me everything she did and saw.  So I don't really expect anything new from the doctor's call.

 Baby Drinks is looking awesome!  He was less than cooperative with the 3-D scan, barely holding still one second before turning back and forth (which does not make for good pics!).  He was great about getting all of his measurements:
HR:  136 bpm
Weight:  3 pounds!
Growth percentile:  73rd
What does all this mean?  Most of his measurements were between 29 and 30 weeks.  I am 27 weeks and 6 days today.  So he's running a little big.  I was scheduled for another growth scan and biophysical profile three weeks from now (luckily, during Carrie's visit!  So we can go together!) on Aug. 20th.




I mentioned to the tech that Tim had asked me to "get another money shot just to make sure it's really a boy".  She laughed (apparently, this is a common request) and printed the pic above for Daddy.  It says "I'm a Boy!" on the left with not one, but two arrows pointing at the dangling parts!
Long story short, I can expect to see the baby on a giant screen every 2-3 weeks to monitor his growth, the tech loves his name because it's (in her words) "classic, easy to spell, and you never hear it anymore", and biophysical profiles and nonstress tests are going to eat up all of my leave before I e

No comments:

Post a Comment