Tuesday, October 16, 2012

39 Weeks: The Buck Stops Here

Well, I had my final OB appointment yesterday at perinatology, which started out as anything but routine.  As soon as I parked in the parking lot, I got a call from Timmy that he had wrecked his car.  Not a "fender bender".  Not a "mishap".  But a full blown, totaled car.  Luckily, he wasn't hurt and the guy he rear ended was fine too.  Turns out the guy slammed on his brakes when a traffic light turned yellow and with the rain, Timmy's car just hydroplaned right into the back of him.  I got a beautiful text message pic of the car with its folded accordion hood.  
I told the receptionist right away that I could only stay for my appointment if they were running on time, since my husband had just totaled his car in DC.  She assured me that they had only one person in front of me.  It still ended up being a 2 hour appointment!  Halfway through my ultrasound, the screen froze and they had to restart my whole scan!  And the really helpful tech was like "Wow, that's never happened before!".  Yay, lucky me.  
On the frantic drive home (at this point, Emily has been sitting at daycare about 2 hours longer than she normally would), I get a call from Jenna....did I know that Caroline's softball game was rescheduled....for that night?  At 5:30 PM?  Like.....in twenty minutes??  Ummm, no I didn't know, my ESP hasn't been working correctly today!  So it was a mad scramble to get back to the KG, get the kids ready for softball AND baseball (Garrett had practice), get everyone to their respective fields, then get Emily.  By this time, Tim has stopped 5 times on his drive home to put water in his busted radiator and somehow got the wrecked car into our driveway.
So long story short, torrential rain storms called an early end to the softball game, I got Garrett and Emily home right before the sky opened up, and everyone was in bed close to normal time.  Oh, the baby, you ask?  Well, he is doing great.  I got lovely amounts of amniotic fluid, he's head down and very low, I'm dilated almost 2 cm and 75% effaced.  His growth scan revealed a likely weight of 8.5-9 pounds.  I am scheduled for a 6 AM induction tomorrow (Yikes!).......stay tuned ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment