Monday, July 15, 2013

Dog Days of Summer

 Disclaimer:  Deep down, I probably love my dog.  I'm pretty close to liking her every day.  I tolerate her and her chewy ways on a daily basis.  So if this post makes it sound like my dog is my enemy, she sometimes is....and I'm working on it.
Willow has about quintupled in size since summer began.  Good things about that?  Her bladder is also bigger, so I don't have to take her out every 35 minutes.  Bad things?  Her teeth are also bigger.  And sharper.  She and Jay are both teething (yay for me!) and ironically, on the same toys, usually.  Even though Willow has over $300 in specialized "dog" toys, she only wants to chew up the baby toys or Emily's Minnie Mouse doll.  We have replaced two.  I think Willow has a vendetta.
This is what it looks like on a typical day in my house.  I am home (some would say "trapped").  The kids have to be on top of me.  At all times. The dog must be top of the kids.  I bought a house with double the square footage of my last house, and everyone has to be in the same five square foot area.
You could say we're a close family.  You could say I waited too long to institute a "hoola hoop" policy where no one can get closer to me that where they would be if I was wearing a hoola hoop.  Oh, well, there's always next summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment