Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Fishing" for More Family Time

Even though I'm a teacher and have my summer off, no one else I know (other than teachers!) gets to hang out Monday-Friday.  Especially Timmy.  He's still trucking 12 hours up and down to DC every day, even though I get to sleep in a little and watch HGTV when Emily says it's ok (you know, if she's reached her quota for Mickey Mouse for the day).  I spend my weekdays taking the kids to fun activities, so that the weekend is pretty much open for "family time".  Tim and I are trying to make a conscientious effort to use Saturday and Sunday for fun family adventures (budget permitting).
Our trip last weekend to George Washington's birthplace included a stop at the National Park where Emily got the chance to catch her first fish!  Garrett also reeled in a couple good ones, and Caroline was resident photographer, having opted out of fishing.

Emily's first fish!

A kiss for good luck for the first catch!


Emily's attention may have wandered off at times....


"The men"



The photographer turns the camera on herself!


It's a keeper!



"Helping" to take the hook out


Kiss it Emily!  And she did!

Round 1:  Caught driftwood





No comments:

Post a Comment