Monday, November 18, 2013

Emily Turns 3!

 Three years ago today, we welcomed little Emily Allison into our lives.  My induction started at 7 AM and clear as day, I remember most of the details that followed.  I remembered that I got my epidural before the contractions got painful, just in case I dilated at the speed of light like I did with Caroline.  They let Tim stay in for the procedure, which surprised me, and then when they screwed up the epidural and had to reattempt it FOUR times, I was so glad to have Timmy there, since I was now a sobbing mess who was sputtering and snotting her way through contractions with a pillow pushed into my belly.  I still ended up dilating fast, going from 6.5 to 10 cm in about 5 minutes while my doctor was walking into the hospital parking lot.  Four pushes later, I had Emily at 2:25 PM.  She's the tiniest of all my children at 6 pounds, 14 oz.  She's still a little spark of a thing, but she makes up for her size with her attitude.  
Even though she drives me crazy on a daily basis, I am happy to have Emily in my life.  Her language is so good that I understand all of her little nonsense stories.  And she is so entertaining!  She is best friends with six boys at her daycare and one girl, Carmen, who Emily describes as "my brown friend and I'm white" which astounds me because I can't believe that kids notice those things so early!  Emily loves reading, puzzles, running around, playing with baby dolls and Barbies, going to the park, climbing anything, and being around people.
Emily has started to get picky about her food, wanting to eat just a couple of bites of many different things.  Ever since Halloween, she is very aware of the candy bowl at the top of the pantry.  She will sometimes ask for a lollipop "after dinner Mommy?  just a little lollipop, ok?"  which cracks me up.  Enjoy the photos below!
5 minutes old


9 months old


11 months old


One year old birthday party

Christmas 2011

Summer 2012



Baby's first photo!  July 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment