Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Family Trees



 It was all about Christmas trees and painted trees this week!  First, we just received Emily's school pictures and they looked pretty good!  Ironically, the one pic I loved the best has her sitting under the Christmas tree and I never scanned that one!  So here you get to see her in two different poses, at least.  

Second, I've been meaning to paint one of these "family tree" pics ever since I saw one at my friend Jen's house.  I basically stole borrowed the idea from the framed painting in her bedroom and adapted it to my family's info :)  Each tree is painted in the person's birthstone (Timmy=peridot, Emily=topaz, etc) and then I added a little heart for my tree and Timmy's tree.  Timmy's tree also got the "initial" carving.
Now I just need to find a good mat and frame for my 11 x 14 painting.  I saw some good contenders at Walmart until I checkout the edges up close, and every single frame looks like it had been in a battle.  So I'll check out other places tomorrow on my day off and get this baby ready to hang.  And then it's going over the fireplace!  
Timmy, Caroline, Jason, Emily, Garrett, and Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment