Saturday, November 30, 2013

Post Turkey Day

Black Friday is always such a wash for me.  I don't do the 3 am shopping, mainly because there is nothing that I need that badly.  If I ever do go out at that ungodly hour, it will be to watch the people as they stampede and fist fight over an Elmo doll.  Everyone was starting to get a little too irritating for us (the adults) by Friday, so Carrie and I made the executive decision to force them into (freezing) fresh air.  I took them to Alum Springs park because it's got a great playground, the trails through the cliffs are awesome, and there is a nearby Starbucks.  We did the swings, climbed, went down the big big slide, hiked, and threw rocks into the stream.  A very productive day!  And the kids slept like the dead that night, so a very successful day too.



Timmy added our initials to this poor, mutilated tree at the park.






Eye of the tiger!

Timmy made the wise decision to stay on the ground!







How does the 3 inch tall wall contain me?  I am baffled by it.


Final stop:  Starbucks for frapps and hot chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment