Thursday, July 12, 2012

Baby Boy's Room Updated

 As you can see, we've finished up the baseboard trim and moved on to the decorating.  The planes above the closet are from Timmy's room when he was a baby.  So of course we had to put them in Jr's room.  Notice the million or so packs of diapers?  Those are from my great CVS 75% off sale discovery (when I raided every CVS in the tri-state area for the clearance priced Supreme brand).
 We had one closet tower left over from the closet system and couldn't really fit it in anywhere else in the house.  It was in danger of holding paint cans in Timmy's garage.  I requested it be installed in the baby's room for display shelves, basket storage, and his CD player.
 Ummmmm.....I guess the name is no longer a secret if I put this picture on the blog, huh?  I got the idea from the internet to attach wooden letters to square canvases.  Baby's official name:  Jason Oliver Drinks.  
Close up of letters.  Got all materials at Hobby Lobby.  Canvases were about $4 each (glad his name wasn't Benjamin-Sebastian) and letters were a cool 99 cents each.  I modge-podged scrapbook paper to the face of each letter, then rubber cemented them to the canvases once everything was dry (Garrett and Caroline helped by picking out paper and painting the canvases for me).

1 comment: