Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beautiful Bathroom

 Bathroom is (almost) finished!  I stayed up late for two nights to get it (almost) done, and it's finally to the point where I would not be embarrassed to let someone use it.  My goal was to fix it up for under 100 bucks, and I succeeded.  The most expensive thing was paint--I needed a full gallon of my main wall color (Hesitation) and a quart of the trim color (Off Season).
 Notice that my watercolor of the boy and girl at the beach above the potty looks great with the beachy theme.  I had the painting up there from the get-go, but it kinda got lost with all the duckies.  Getting rid of those birds took one coat of primer and two good coats of wall color.
 I chose the same mosaic tile that I used to have around my fireplace at Dahlgren Road!  Don't mess with perfection people!  They have a lot of white, tan, copper, and brown all mixed together and kind of look like shells.  The tiles were 8 mm wide, which made them the perfect size to line the top of the boards.
I already had this print from my mom when she went to the Caymen Islands.  I just never really had a place to put it.  So now it's on the entry wall of the bathroom.  It's a beach theme with palm trees and a little hut.  Only thing left to do?  Paint the tracks between the ceiling tiles--they are still wood grain finish!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Jessica! Did you decide to cover the washer and dryer or leave them be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added one curtain panel to cover the left side of the dryer where you can see under the staircase (beautiful view of the water heater). Rest is still open--feels less claustrophobic in there that way!

      Delete