Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Emily: Two Months Old

Hi, today is January 18th and I am officially two months old. I decided to spend the day with an enjoyable visit to the doctor's office. Dr. B rocks, but her nurse was a meanie (she was the shot lady). Here are my stats:
Weight: 11 pounds, 12 oz. Egad! Emily is now in the 75% for weight (at birth she was 20% and at 1 month she was 50%). Is someone sneaking precious metals into my milk?! The girl is a great eater, and it shows.
Length: 22 3/4 inches. Also 75% for length.
Head: 15 inches circumference. About 25% for head which Dr. B says is great.
Shots: She got 2! And a vaccine for rotavirus that is given orally. I had to hold her hands and she screamed horribly and her face turned red and she actually cried real tears! I felt horrible and made grandiose promises while I fed her afterwards ("And you can have a pony, and we'll go to Disney World and play with all the princesses..."). I gave her Tylenol as soon as we got home. She fed again and then snuggled into the swing for a nap.
What's Next? Emily starts daycare at Four Seasons on Monday when I go back to work :( I love the center so that makes it a little easier to leave her. They do baby sign language and yoga (!) but my favorite part is the care givers--they seem genuinely sweet and loving.
Back to the doctor for our 4 month check up on March 18th!

See that scale?! Mom wanted photographic proof for Daddy to show what a chunker I'm becoming!

I'm getting longer every day, too! My footie sleepers are starting to get a little short on me.

Mommy is so proud of her big girl!

Emily's first official "I've Grown" sticker with her stats. We'll be putting this one in her baby book. She didn't seem too anxious to wear it home and show it off.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Emily is two months old! I know my time home with Ryder will fly by as quickly as your time did, and I'm not happy about it. :(

    ReplyDelete