Monday, January 31, 2011

Our First Anniversary

It's officially one year since Timmy and I got married! We have many anniversaries that we like to celebrate--July 24th was our first date, October 28th was when we got engaged, and January 31st, the dead of winter, was when we decided to say "I do". Since the first anniversary is traditionally celebrated with a gift of paper, I thought about all the "paper gifts" I have received from this wonderful man:
1) W-2s and 1099's. Our first year filing taxes as husband and wife! Let's hope it brings a nice big tax return :)
2) A permit filed with KG County of a bunch of house repairs. We are upgrading the electrical service, building an addition, and enclosing the carport into a garage (I use the term "we" very loosely here). Thank goodness I found a husband who wanted to take on all the challenges of living in a house built over fifty years ago. When it's all finished, we will have a sort of dream house, one made into exactly what we wanted, even if we had to paint, spackle, sand, nail, and scrape every surface to get there.
3) A birth certificate for Emily Allison Drinks: the best present Timmy ever gave me.

"Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room at both ends"
-author unknown

Here's to the man who chose me to share his bench, life, and love with. To a hundred more years of happiness!





1 comment: