Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Transitional Period

Emily is going through a difficult time, stuck between being a newborn and a new baby. I asked my sister about all this, because yesterday and today, Emily decided she was not going to nap. At all. Well, that's not exactly true. She slept for 23 minutes today. And when she wasn't "napping", she insisted on being held. To say the least, nothing was accomplished at my house this week. Carrie said that Emily's going through a transitional period and her brain is developing quickly and everyday stuff is overstimulating to her right now. For a couple of days, she will need extra holding, swaddling, swinging, shushing, and sucking. And since I'm the one with the food source, this now becomes my duty. For the first time, I can picture wanting to be back at work. proof that she slept at all yesterday
Trying a little floor time....it lasted about 6 minutes. She is using her hands more and continually whacked at the hanging toys.
This was her look right before the wailing began. Emily is not a patient baby these days. God love her, she's driving me a little batty.

No comments:

Post a Comment