Friday, January 7, 2011

Princess and the Swing

Emily and I went to visit my friend Melissa and her new baby Ryder a couple of days ago and I wanted to get my mitts on the new baby. Emily was wide awake and is none too pleased to hang out in her car seat when we're actually going somewhere, so I had nowhere to stash her while I held Ryder. So I snuck her into Ryder's swing, which is set up to go side to side (as opposed to our swing, which only goes back and forth). Now, Emily is not a fan of the swing at our house, but she promptly passed out and slept very soundly in the swing for the rest of my visit. I found some coupons for Babies R Us (20% off and $20 off purchase of $100 or more) and headed out the next day. A few turns of the screw driver and $8 worth of D batteries later, Emily has a new hangout. She chilled in the swing all night and slept from 9 PM to 8 AM (not straight through the night, but only got up twice to eat) and I give all the credit to the swing! Our nap today
I wonder what babies dream about...
See the curled up fingers? She's so relaxed that her fist fell from its usual position next to her head and she didn't even flinch. This swing has magical powers!

No comments:

Post a Comment