Sunday, November 25, 2012

Carrie Bogle is a Miracle Worker

 My sister made my whole family handmade stockings, and never in my wildest dreams did I think they would turn out this good!  They are amazing!  Hand embroidered names on the top, decorative snowflake and leaf chain stitching, perfect wintry fabrics....the list goes on and on. I audibly gasped when I opened the package; Tim was in the other room and thought I had seen a mouse or spider, I sounded that surprised!

We are sure to hold onto these keepsakes for the rest of our lives.  These are the stockings that don't get to leave the house!  The kids will just have to buy other ones when they go to their own families.  Or maybe Aunt Kiwi will be making stockings for Christmases in the future decades...

1 comment:

  1. Aw shucks, woman! You make me blush :) Not surprisingly, the first stocking took the longest, trying to figure out the process. But by the last couple I was cranking them out! And I must admit, that is a good idea about adding to the list every time one of your kids gets married, has a baby, etc. I have extra fabric I'll keep in the stash just in case ;)-

    ReplyDelete