Saturday, November 17, 2012

Emily's Second Birthday!

 Hey everybody!  I turn two tomorrow, but Mom and Daddy-Boo planned a party for me today!  We invited all of my friends over at 10 AM for an Elmo party!  I know, it sounds early, but all of my friends get up at dawn anyway and this way, we have the whole day left for fun things like laundry, naps, and hanging out.  The fun stuff started the night before, when I got to open my presents from Mom, Dad, Cammy, and Aunt Carrie.
 I got the coolest kitchen set that makes tons of noises (microwave, burners, phone, etc) from the parents and Aunt Carrie and Uncle Josh.  I got an apron set and some dishes from Cammy and a mixer and toaster from Mom and Dad.  I was in heaven the minute I saw that kitchen!



 I look like a million bucks in my chef's outfit.  I even have matching pot holders!

 Garrett and Caroline got in on the action too.  They helped me "cut" the Velcro fruits and veggies that Aunt Carrie gave me.  All three kids easily played for over an hour with all the new food and fun kitchen accessories.
 My party!  

 Mom got this idea all by herself!  She saw the special Winter edition Oreos at Walmart and thought, the filling looks just like Elmo's face!  An idea was born!  Candy eyes from the baking department, an orange M&M nose, and black icing mouth.  Placed on top of chocolate cupcakes from the store.
 rainbow fruit kabobs
 banana dippers--got the idea from the Internet, but they didn't defrost the way I had hoped and got very runny and mushy.  Not one to try, in my opinion.


 Favor bags in our favorite characters!  Caroline helped me make them this summer.  We filled them with Elmo coloring books, packs of Crayons (bought when school supplies were on sale), Goldfish crackers, fruit snacks, a bouncy ball, and an Elmo noise maker.

 Jason was a little worked up with a sour stomach, which started on Friday.  He was an eating machine, then cringed and cried and spit up all day.  You could tell his tummy wasn't feeling its best.  Luckily, Jen still wanted to hold him, even though he decorated her shoulder.







 Happy Birthday to You!








No comments:

Post a Comment