Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Mat is Your Mat

 As one would expect, all of Emily's baby supplies have been trickling down to Jason as he needs him (well, all the supplies that she didn't personally destroy in the past two years).  Emily had a few episodes of treating his bouncy seat and swing like newly-acquired toddler toys, climbing into each and taking them for a ride before deciding that they were boring and below her standards.  All in all, she's been very accommodating of him using all of her stuff.  Probably because she has no memory of using the stuff personally, but that's never stopped her before from declaring "No! Mine!" in the past.
The play mat is a beautiful example of two loving siblings....
 Jason:  "See that semi-smile?  Because Emily never got a chance to mess up my bouncy seat.  It was brand new just for me!"
 After I got her home yesterday afternoon, Emily spied the play mat that I had stashed in the corner of the family room.  Jason decided yesterday that he wants to have a nice long "awake" period in the afternoon (much longer than his typical "blink my eyes for five minutes before passing out again" phases).  I wanted him to do something other than stare at me or hang out in the swing.  So I got out the mat, and he was content to look at the flashing lights and dangly toys for a few minutes in the afternoon.  But once Emily dragged out the mat and got on it with him, he was thrilled to hang out!  They stayed on that mat for a good half hour.  I think Jason was just happy to hang out with Emily (a new person for him since we spend 24 hours together every day and I think he is tiring of me...).  
I hope they share everything as nicely in the future, but this ain't my first rodeo, so believe me, I'm not jaded.

 Jason:  "Ummmmm.....hello?  Is there someone else on this mat with me?"




Flashing lights and a jazzy beat will attract all sorts of attention, whether you are a toddler or newborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment