Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Family Photo Day

 I made an appointment to have our family photo taken on Veteran's Day, not because I wanted to hit the mall during all of those amazing sales, but because the kids and Tim were home for the day!  Emily was home too, since her daycare closes for everything.  So I got the first appointment for the day and we headed out to Picture People.  Experience has shown me that you never (1) show up without an appointment or (2) show up late (they take the next person in line).  So we were 15 minutes early and ready to go!
I didn't want to buy a bunch of new outfits right before the holidays, so I coordinated what we already had in gray, white, and raspberry.  I think we clean up nice!
I think they took about 23 photos--the best one is above.
 Our pictures were ready to be picked up in 10 minutes, but the kids were starving and begging for Auntie Anne's pretzels, so we killed time wandering the mall instead of waiting for the pics.  Tim noticed that the Santa photo area was open for business and had no line.  So we jumped at the chance to get that photo done in a hot minute.  Emily was going to have none of this Santa/strange bearded man nonsense, so it became our second family photo op of the day.  
This nice family one will be part of our Christmas card.  I love that the baby is crying!  Very realistic!  That's one of the great things about Picture People--they never pressure you to buy a bunch of pictures you don't want, and they sell Christmas cards.  So I put in our order of 50 and they were ready for pick up after our Santa adventure.  Some address labels and a roll of stamps later, and I am ready to send those bad boys out--all before Thanksgiving!  ( Don't worry--I don't throw them into the mail til after Dec. 1st).

No comments:

Post a Comment