Tuesday, October 12, 2010

3-D ultrasound! 10.12.2010

Me: 33 weeks, 6 days (40 days to go!)
Dr Visit: (1) Regular OB--> appt @ 11:30 AM. Baby liked to scare the crap out of all of us by having a heartbeat of 110 when Nurse Ashley checked me with the doppler. I knew the beat was slow and said "That's slow, isn't it?!" Dr. just nodded and asked Ashley to get the monitor. The heartbeat stayed between 110-117, which is still lower than the 120-160 range that is normal. Dr. assured me that it was probably just a normal dip in rate due to inactivity and low carbs from my diet, and I went on the monitor for 20 minutes. During that time, she kicked like crazy and her heartbeat stayed between 120-138. Dr. said everything looked great and not to freak out :)
Other stats: I only gained 1/10th of a pound, blood sugars were excellent, and my blood pressure was 123/62. Dr. assures me that I will be induced between 38-39 weeks, even if baby measures a little small.
Perinatalogist Visit: Off to the perinatalogist for a 2 PM appt. Told them about low baseline for heartbeat at first appt. Got my first biophysical profile. For that test, they look for 4 factors: Baby making breathing movements, baby making regular body movements, good level of amniotic fluid, and heartbeat. She was breathing in and out, threw her hands around, my fluid levels were perfect, and her heartbeat was 148. She gets a 2 for each part, so an 8 out of 8 was great! If she had scored lower than a 7, then I would have to follow up with the non stress test (which I didn't have to do this visit). Then Roxy the Tech flipped the screen to 3-D and surprised me with the coolest ultrasound pics ever!
Next visits: Perinatalogist next Tuesday (19th) @ 1 PM for biophysical profile. Back to reg. OB same day at 3 PM for weekly visit and biophysical profile (including ultrasound to check weight). Then back to perinatalogist the following Wed (27th) for growth scan. And yes, I still work full time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment