Monday, October 25, 2010

36 Weeks

See the baby in the picture above? That's what a baby at 36 weeks should look like. My baby, however, has decided to be unique--she is currently facing head up. Yep, folks, looks like my baby is still breech.

Me: 35 weeks, 5 days

Dr Visit today: Saw the OB for my 36 week checkup. Got the good ole Group B Strep test (you are putting that Q tip WHERE??!) and dilation check (Still closed up like Fort Knox). Her heartbeat was a very strong 141 bpm. My blood pressure was 122/70 and weight has not changed in 3 weeks. I peed in a cup like a good little girl, and no protein! Yea! Dr. did not even bother with the fundal measurement--guess they stop doing that this far along? Wasn't sure and didn't think to ask (figured it was one more thing to not worry about this week).

Update: Back to perinatalogy tomorrow for biophysical profile (another ultrasound!) and back AGAIN on Wednesday for the extra important growth scan.

Doc's Opinion: If the baby is breech at the scan on Wed, the doctor's nurse, Megan, will be setting up my c-section for 39 weeks. I was a little taken aback when I heard that--really, so soon?? But dr. explained that breech @ 36 weeks is unlikely to flip and she will not do a version on a high risk patient (me, the one with GD). If the baby happens to flip by Wed, we will talk next Monday @ my 37 week checkup about scheduling my induction. Either way, November 17th looks like the last possible day of being pregnant with a good chance I will go before then! :)

Likes this Week: Going to the doctor every day (more face time with baby!), flip flops, baby squishing stomach makes me feel full even when eating less on GD diet, cold mornings, sleeping in just a little bit on weekends, falling right back asleep when I get up to pee every night, ballet being over (don't tell Caroline!)

Dislikes this week: Remembering that I forgot to do so much for the long term sub (like leave my log in info for computer, grade book, etc)., dealing with almost constant parent conferences, fat feet, swampy underpants, lack of foot rubs because my hubby is in pain from his tattoo :(, and my newest symptom--heartburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment