Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Belly 33 weeks

Me: 33 weeks tomorrow!
Dr Visit: Saw my regular OB-GYN today, who is hugely pregnant and soooo tired of working. She is happy with my fasting numbers and thinks insulin is working wonderfully. She says that everything looks just like it should. As she put it: "I don't worry about you". Guess I am doing it right!
My Stats: up 1 pound (I had lost 11 pounds in the past 3 weeks, so this was of no concern). BP was up a few points (136/72) when it's normally around 125/68. Nurse said it was from a long day at work and a late appt time. Nothing to worry about.
Baby Stats: She's around 4 lbs. Will get scan and NST next week. Heartbeat was 129 (she was taking a nap). She decided to wake up on my drive home and repeatedly punched me in the hipbone.
What's Next? Back to perinatalogist next Tues AND regular doctor! One appt @ 11:30 AM and the other at 2 PM. These double weekly appts. will continue for the rest of the pregnancy. Good News: I don't have to go back to the dietician! Dr. says that diet is very good and numbers are great. At this point, I have no idea what kind of timeline they will follow in terms of induction. Dr. had originally said 38-39 weeks, but if baby is measuring on target, I don't know if she'll just let me go til due date. I doubt it, because the placenta gets less effective at delivering nutrients when you have GD, so there's no value in going all the way to 40 weeks. Guess I have a few questions for next week!
Picture Above: Bump courtesy of Emily, stretch marks courtesy of Garrett!

No comments:

Post a Comment