Wednesday, October 20, 2010

35 Weeks


Me: 35 weeks exactly (about 36 days to go!)
Dr. Visit: Went to perinatalogist AND reg. OB yesterday (1 pm and 3 pm). Perinatalogist did another biophysical profile and she scored another 8 out of 8. Movements were great and she was head down, facing backwards. The US tech made the comment "She looks like she's getting ready to be born!" I go back next Tuesday for another biophysical and Wednesday for our big growth scan.
Off to the reg. OB, where apparently my day went to total shit. First, my doctor went into labor approx. 20 minutes before I got there (no biggie, she's been miserable for 3 weeks and it was about time). The US lady was late getting to me--3:20 PM by the time she called me back--and we did another biophysical profile (don't know why I had 2 in one day, but love to get ultrasound pics!).
The US lady said "Have they mentioned the baby's presentation to you?"
I said "Yeah, she's finally head down".
The US lady said "Ummm, no, she's breech. Her butt is down near your left hip bone and her head in to the right under your rib cage".
That little bugger flipped over in less than 2 hours! She scored another 8 out of 8 and was so active that the US lady could feel her movements from the outside! I got pics ((two profiles up above).
I was shuffled to the closest OB since my doctor was at L & D, and I got the midwife. She forgot about me and left me in the room for about 45 minutes (did I mention that yesterday was not a good day to start with?!). Blood sugars were great, BP was 123/80, and weight was up half a pound. She mentioned that I need to see another OB next week because as a midwife, she can't do versions if the baby doesn't flip and she can't do a C section if the version isn't successful. She also mentioned that I measured 33 weeks in fundal measurement when I was 35 weeks. This measurement along with her 20th percentile status 2 weeks ago means that our growth scan next week will be very telling. If she's not getting bigger, we may be looking at an earlier induction that we thought.
(Side note: I looked up fundal measurements online, and supposedly they are unreliable after 34 weeks because the baby is squished and usually engaged head down. Not as reassuring when I know that my baby is not squished and also not head down, but I did feel a little better).
Oh, and then my car battery was dead when I left my appt. and I had to wait for Timmy to come jump start my car. Anything else?!
What's Next? OB visit next Monday, Biophysical profile next Tuesday, and growth scan on Wednesday!
Likes this week: not much, honestly. Getting to bed early, unswollen ankles, lots of baby movement in the evening, hanging out with Timmy, knowing that Timmy can go to the growth scan with me next week!
Dislikes this week: practically everything. Crying at the drop of a hat, getting emotional about everything (like my students being bad), getting very impatient at work, having no time for myself to rest, unending chores, soccer practices, and ballet, feeling like I am failing at growing a big baby, going to work at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment