Friday, October 29, 2010

Gearing up for Baby

Tim and I have been lucky to receive so many fantastic baby items from friends and family. We were given a baby shower by Tim's parents and sister (where we scored mad baby gear), we have another baby shower being put on by my science dept. at school on November 2nd, and my sister has passed along so many clothes that I needed an empty suitcase to bring them back from my trip last July. I forgot how much stuff it takes to keep a baby happy. And to be honest, so much of this stuff just wasn't around for kids #1 and 2. Like a Bumbo seat?? Nope, wasn't even invented with Garrett and Caroline. Thank goodness that Cammy sprung for that one because Carrie seemed to use hers all the time. I was also able to score some great stuff at the YMCA yard sale last spring (got bouncy seat, travel swing, entertainment center, Boppy pillow with cover, aquarium thing that hooks to side of crib and plays music with lights and bubbles, and crib bedding!). We borrowed a bassinet from my cousin Stephanie and the thing was in mint condition. Swing from Josh & Jackie, who's daughter loved it for all of 7.3 seconds. It has this great feature where it can run on batteries or you can run an AC cord from the back to an outlet.
I LOVE this little bee on the side of my play yard! Have you noticed just how many baby items have insects? Even the swing is covered with pink butterflies.

Play yard all stocked up and ready to go. It has a great incline feature for the bassinet part, and the changing table holds up to 25 pounds. Not having to walk the baby to her room for a change will save me approximately 14 steps each direction. Not a huge deal, but will help out greatly when I'm sleep deprived.
Diaper bag from JJ Cole collection. A little pricey, but so worth it. Carrie has the same one so I was able to see her test drive it when I last visited. It's huge, has lots of pockets, matches the travel system, and has these cool rings that hook it to the stroller handle.

My pride and joy: the Chicco discovery car seat. Holds baby from itty bitty status all the way to 30 pounds (like I would carry the baby + carrier weight when the kid hits 30 pounds?!). But the Chicco brand has great reviews and I love how easy it is to adjust the straps. We got the whole travel system from Tim's parents. The stroller is already chilling in the back of the car. We haven't installed the seat yet because G & C are enjoying their space in the back seat...for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment