Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Festival 10.9.10

We enjoyed ourselves at the annual King George Fall Festival parade! The kids got massive amounts of candy from the parade people. Then we headed over to the high school, where the Ruritan Club was serving up BBQ from a pig they had been roasting since yesterday--delish! So worth the higher-than-usual glucose #s (only 137, which was under my limit, but high for me). The craft fair was a little bit of a bust, but only because I had bags of BBQ and a cranky child with me. Better luck next year :) Jackson and Garrett (sporting a faux-hawk courtesy of Uncle Mikey)
Caroline, ready to grab candy with her pumpkin bucket

Colton got a loud horn from a vendor...that didn't get old!

KG High School Marching Band

KG Fire Department (every truck and ambulance was in the parade, so we just hope no one had emergencies from 11am - 12:30 pm)

The three cousins, patiently waiting for more candy

Washington Redskins Marching Band was the finale of the parade

They got the crowd going! I danced in a way that thoroughly embarrassed my children :)

Tuba section (reminiscent of Carrie's marching band days in HS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment