Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Decorations

I love getting the house ready for fall. Christmas may be other people's time for decorations, but I am all about the autumn deco. I manage to pick up new stuff every year because it just beckons me from the aisles at Walmart and Target. You want to hear the clincher? I am already nesting like crazy, so getting the house pretty is just part of it. I did a number on my car today--vacuum, car wash, wiped down the inside with Pine Sol, windexed the windows, and even Febreezed the interior. As far as my decorations go, I can only take half the credit....mother nature provided the mums :) My new wreath from Kohls...I justified it because it was 50% off. And if I can't have any candy corn on my GD diet, it will decorate my house, darn it!
Also a 50% off find from Kohls. Who can say no to a $4 flag???
My mums are being investigated by the MLB for steroid use...
Did I mention the 12 inches of rain we've gotten in the past week? It's helped out in the gardening department (I can't take any credit for these exploding mums)

Sign courtesy of Camm, mums courtesy of Britt's produce (Where the produce is local and the prices are sky high). I take a lot of pride in decorating a stoop that no trick or treaters will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment