Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kick Counts

So, I have read about doing kick counts from both of my pregnancy books (thanks Carrie!) but my doctor has never mentioned them to me. Not once. My paranoid self can't shake the feeling that something will go wrong (not majorly, but enough to not be settled) with this pregnancy. I don't know why I feel this way. Probably too much Baby Story and Baby Center posts! :)
To ease my anxiety, I do kick counts several times a day. I will just take a seat at my desk and wait to see how long it takes to feel some squirming and kicks. At night, I wait til the kids are in bed, then I lay out on the couch, place my hands on either side of my belly, and enjoy the flips. Tim got his hands on there last night, and she was really giving him a show! You could see my stomach stretching to one side, then popping up, and moving back to the other side.
I tried to take a more relaxed approach to the pregnancy, but I am just too much of a control freak :) I've decided that doing kick counts every night is just something I will have to do to stay sane. I liken it to taking my prenatal vitamin and my insulin shot--daily activities that have to occur for a healthy pregnancy. And me staying stress free and relaxed is definitely a step in the right direction.
And to prove my stance on Baby Center posts: I snuck on last night "just to take a look around", and one lady had posted about how her baby is measuring small. This struck a chord with me (due to last dr appt) so I read the replies, all of which were done by women who are having monster sized babies. Example posts: "My baby weighed 5 pounds at my 28 week ultrasound"; "My baby is already 6 pounds and I'm only 33 weeks!". See the problem?!?! I gotta get off these websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment