Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

It was "denim day" at work on Friday, so part of me really just wanted to wear jeans and relax. The other part of me knew that I had spent $6 on a Halloween costume and needed to follow through with my obligation. Some of the kids "got" my costume right away while others needed me to spell it out: me, pointing to the horns, said "What's this?" and then pointing to the big yellow spot said "And what does the yellow and white make me look like?". OK, put the two words together: deviled egg!
Other fantastic choices among my collegues were "oil spill" (French teacher wearing beanie babies dipped in black paint), "Smartie pants" (English teacher with smarties safety-pinned to her pants), and the usual butterfly, witch, and cheerleader. The kids were so worked up and high off sugar--I don't know why I bothered to try and teach. I should have just declared it "movie day" and started fresh on Monday! Deviled egg! He, he!
Side view. Does this yolk make me look fat?

No comments:

Post a Comment